Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Leg & Foot Rigging

Wow, when it come to rigging and Blender, this guy really knows what he's talking about it seems:
Tobuslieven Youtube Chanel

Image of rig from Tob's tutorial

The last tutorial I found for rigging a squat or sit was pretty bad in hindsight, or was just too simple for what I want to achieve. Problems came up when I tried to move the foot independent of the leg. It was not a very sound structure for animation.

Tob is making some clean rigs that I can't wait to try. I'm going to eventually scrap my last leg rig (uuug) and try out this one.  His tutorial is in version 2.5 which is a plus for sure, and following the foot tutorial he has a tutorial for a leg rig which I haven't viewed yet - all of which can be found here:
Youtube Playlist: Blender 2.5 Foot and Leg Rigging Tutorial

Thanks Tob, and everyone who takes the time to make tutorials, even the ones that turn out not so great. I've learned something from every one that I've viewed so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment